• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

BEF WW2 FPO 30 to USA

Started by Ingo Egerlandt, December 09, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingo Egerlandt

Hello members,

here is the next fieldpost letter to the USA without stamps to pay the postal rate.

I have got two asks:

1. Where was the 666 Artisan Works Coy. Royal Engineers?
2. In which large unit? The FPO 30 was a AFPU handstamp.

Than, look at the picture, without A 100 212 censor handstamp and without Base Army Censor label.

Thank you at first
Ingo

Jim Etherington

Hi Ingo,
I can't tell you where 666 Artisan Works Coy was located, but I can tell you that an Artisan Works Company consisted of HQ and 4 works sections and the units was organised for building work in the LoC area. HQ consisted of 23 officers and men and each section had 60 men from various building trades. On paper a company numbered 263. If FPO 30 is being used by an AFPU then the Coy could be involved in the construction of airfields.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Ingo Egerlandt

Hi Jim,

thank you very much. I understand the problem to say FPO 30 was used in this or other unit. Only AFPU is right to declare.

On German Fieldpost envelpes must note the soldier his soldier number. With this soldier number can you found the unit. With the date, you can indentify his area.

British Fieldpost much more difficult.

I think about, we can clear the british FPO about units and not the big oranised units about Corps or ID´s.

I´ll work for that!

You have got seen the censor handstamp 612? 212 normaly and this ist another one for censorship to other countries.

Ingo
Ingo