• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Royal Naval Patrol Service

Started by sphillips, July 20, 2016, 04:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sphillips

Hello,
Has any member come across any reference or censor mark for the Royal Naval Patrol Service? Their HQ was in Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Stewart Phillips

Michael Dobbs

Stewart

I'm not able to assist regarding censor marks - I'll leave that to our naval experts.  However, unless I have mis-read your email I have assumed you are also asking for information on the Royal Naval Patrol Service: have you tried to search the web ?  There appears to be a number of online references to the service - one in particular is: http://www.rnpsa.co.uk/history.htm which appears to provide a great deal of information.

I do hope that someone can come up with a censor mark - good luck !

Regards, Mike  ;)

Frank Schofield

Stewart

I think you may try finding a copy of THE BATTLE OF THE EAST COAST (1939-1945)
by J.P.Foynes, published privately by him in 1994. Pages 191/192 show a map of the Lowestoft Base with various shore establishments, also a copy the Patrol Service badge
Regarding a censor, after early 1940 the general tombstone tombstone censor came in you can only identify ships or bases with a clear officers signature and date

Frank Schofield

sphillips

Hello,

Thanks for your help. Its a great help.

Cheers

jleathes

I believe there was a book called "Harry Tates Navy" which related the history of the RNPS but cannot trace it. However for a site which may be useful try www.harry-tates.org.uk which I think will lead you into some references for  further info. Good Luck                      John Leathes

sphillips