• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Crete WW2

Started by Michael Dobbs, September 26, 2018, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have received the following enquiry:

[color=maroon]Can you recommend a book or other source to meet my growing interest in WW2 mail from Crete. in particular, I wish to obtain data about which military and Feldpost units were located and numbers used. etc. I would appreciate advice.[/color]

Apart from Proud Volume III (1927-63) does anyone know of any other source, in particular German Feldpost ?

Many thanks, Mike  :)

Nick Colley

Suggest see https://www.axishistory.com/whats-new/383-germany-military-other/feldpost/8994-feldpost-numbers, and the pages cascaded therefrom. He'll have to do the legwork himself, sadly - the numbers are in  numerical sequence, not geographical, I think.

chrs
N

Michael Dobbs

Nick

Many thanks for your suggestion - I have passed it on stating that it may or may not be of use to him, depending whether or not he can identify Feldpost numbers  connected to Crete.

Mike  :)

Michael Dobbs

Nick

Once again thanks for the info on the Feldpost numbers website - I have received the following response from the person making the opriginal enquiry:

[color=maroon]Thank you very much.  This is an amazing source, which certainly includes several items I have in my own collection of covers from Crete.      I am grateful to whomsoever provided this valuable help.[/color]

Mike  :)