• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

RNAS Armoured Cars in WW1

Started by Tony Walker, July 13, 2019, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walker

With an eye on my display at the society meeting at Stampex. I have been re-writing and updating my armoured car material.  Early in the war (August/September 1914) a number of armoured car squadrons were sent to France and Belgium to support RNAS units operating there.  Those known include nos. 2, 5, 6, 8 and 15, and were there until around June 1915 to early 1916.

I have examples from nos. 5 and 15 from this time.  Usually the squadron is identified from the message (in postcards) or cancellation, together with the known censor mark from these units (see scan).

I have two duplicates from no. 5 squadron whilst in France/Belgium, and would be happy to exchange for one of the other squadrons I'm missing, or whatever.

Tony

Tony Walker

In my post above I incorrectly implied I was giving a display to the FPHS at Stampex this autumn.  It is to the GBPS (Great Britain Philatelic Society).  Members of the FPHS will have to wait until January 2020 to be subjected to the ordeal !