• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

119 Coy P.C. Bletchley 1941

Started by Peter Harvey, August 19, 2019, 10:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Harvey

Any help would be appreciated with this.

Cover mailed through FPO 383 - 27 FE 41 addressed to what I think reads 119 Coy P.C. Bletchley Bucks, with the addressee made having brackets (HQ Section).

I am interested in the address and what unit this might be, clearly with an eye on the Bletchley link. Any comments appreciated.

Regards Peter

Chris Weddell

Peter,

Bletchley was never used in anything to do with the mail going to Bletcley Park. This went though London via PO Box apart from R.A.F. mail. There were other things going on in and around Bletchley apart from the park.  I do know there was a lot of work being done in and around the park and general area in 1940-41 so that could be a reason you have the Pioneer Crops there.

I cannot find anything to do with the 119 Coy there at this time  at the moment but i will have a look at my BP notes. I will have a look later and see if i can find out anything else.

Michael Dobbs

Peter

I presume that this refers to 119 Company, Pioneer Corps.  Location information should be obghtainable from the War Diary held in The National Archives at Kew (document WO 166/5603) which covers the period July 1940 to December 1941 (Home Forces).

Mike