• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Cover of the day 25 April Form OE2/AV7

Started by Michael Dobbs, April 25, 2020, 11:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

Hi all

A bit late in the day I know - but my "cover" of the day is not so much a cover but a form - OE2 / AV7 Air Mail Delivery Bill from Nairobi, Kenya (BFPO 10) to London on 9 September 1965.  It has the despatching office stamp FIELD POST OFFICE 1002 dated 9 SP 65 of the FPO at Nairobi.

The reason for showing it, is because it is my latest acquisition - arrived yesterday as a result of an eBay auction success!

Mike  :)

Peter Harvey

Mike, when we discuss 'scarce' this type of stationary with the cancellation has to be about as scarce as they come. Great item.

Michael Dobbs

Peter

Thanks for your comments, I hadn't thought about that.  Managed to get it for less than a tenner (including p&p) - waited in trepidation as the clock counted down to zero, hoping no one else would leap in at the last moment!

I like Kenya items and I hadn't got this FPO from Kenya.  My only other copy of FPO 1002 (Type S4)  is an unclear postmark on a cover from Aden.

Mike  :)