• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Recent Postings by All, Please Read

Started by Chris Grimshaw, May 01, 2020, 03:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Team

As we are planning our next Journal to be a 60 page bumper edition  I am looking at a selection of "Postings of the Day" with a view to using a representative selection in the next Summer Journal. 

Whilst I have  a very good stock of articles , publishing a selection from the Forum will bring too a wider readership the benefits of our Forum and hopefully encourage others to join us.

If you have posted since "Cover of the Day" and do not wish your posting to be used in this fashion please advise me.  I'm open to suggestions but as these pieces haven't been directly submitted as journal articles happy to publish without an authors name.

Thoughts and comments Team.

Chris

Peter Harvey

Go for it. I feel we should continue to encourage forum use to the wider membership and let people also understand it can be used to shop, show off, brag, display, ask a question, seek clarification, question, seek support, etc etc etc.

Would be great to see a wide variety of topics, campaigns and wars and both old and modern, so Battle at Waterloo through to recent FPO's.

Peter

Nick Colley

Another good initiative, Chris. Carry on. 8)

chrs
N

Tony Walker

Yes excellent idea Chris

Those of us using the Forum and probably a fair number who do not, need to realise that a proportion of the membership are not so obsessive as we are!  And some pieces in the Journal particularly should cater for these members and be perhaps less intense.  So by all means use covers from the Forum, but use ones with an interesting context so that people not necessarily collecting say WWI or GB postal material can still enjoy the read.