• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Cover of the Day 23 May: New Zealanders in the Korean War

Started by Michael Dobbs, May 23, 2020, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

Sorry for my long absence, but I have had society matters to attend to as well as other philatelic matters connected with my Kent Federation role, also garden, shopping and mounting up material - last but not least a complicated 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of the London tube system/DRL/Overground to try and complete (the various lines were relatively easy, its all the white spaces inbetween and surrounding it that is giving me a headache to try and complete!!).

Anyhow, my cover continues with the 70th anniversary of the Korean War - this time with New Zealand APO 444, which was in Korea for a short period but spent most of its time in Japan.

I should add that the addressee - Harold Hare - was a well known collector and former member of the Society.

Mike  :)

Alan Baker

Michael Dobbs

Alan - yes indeed and its going to take me some time to finish!  I managed to place four pices of whiteness this evening!

Mike

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Mike

Nice material, cannot recollect much on this conflict. Can give you 8 pages in the Autumn journal if you'd like to put something together on the 70th Anniversary.

"Blood and guts" material in preference to "philatelic items if possible.  :)

Chris