• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Second for today 7th June 1955 Pakistan

Started by Chris Grimshaw, June 07, 2020, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

These will do my WW1 credentials no good at all.

Air Mail cover to UK, Franked PAKISTAN 2 1/2 AS, cancelled EXPERIMENTAL P.O.  21 FEB 55

Various cachets as shown on scans.

Chris

Michael Dobbs

Chris - an interesting cover.  I do wonder if it is philatelic as there are too many strikes of the various cachets for a genuine commercial usage!

I have not come across any of the markings applied - they are not listed by John Daynes in his article in FPHS Newsletter 145 (July/August 1977) (p,42) or my report of a further cachet in FPHS Newsletter 155 (March/April 1979) (p.54).

I don't know anything about British Forces in Pakistan in the 1950s, but we had Service personnel (Army and/or RAF) in a number of Commonwealth countries as part of liaison or training activities.

Mike  :)

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Mike

May use this one in the journal,  agree too many cachets for commercial mail.  Something I've never seen any mention of.

There were a couple of other post 1945 items in this package, will post tomorrow, someone may spot something or fill a gap in someone's research notes. 

Then disposal time.. Too many items cluttering my desk.

Chris