• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Cover of the Day 16 June 2020 - RAF Wegburg

Started by Peter Harvey, June 16, 2020, 07:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Harvey

Came across this cover and thought I would post for Mike Dobbs, then realised that his PC is down at the moment, but I am sure he will catch up at some point.

An RAF Wegburg Philatelic Society Forces Post Office Opening Day cover with the steel packet cancellation FORCES POST OFFICE 80 - 3 NOV 69 - confirming this second period off use at BFPO 40. (It might look like the 13 Nov, but I am certain that is the date setting box and not a number 1). 

Alan Baker

Interesting that this bears a Guernsey stamp

Michael Dobbs

Peter

I've been meaning to respond for some days now (and now that I have a new PC!) but I have been otherwise occupied.  A lovely cover, my only example of FPO 80 from Wegberg is a piece from a packet but which bears FORCES POST OFFICE 80 dated 14 OCT 75 and also has the unit datestamp of CENTRAL REGISTRY / R.A.F. HOSPITAL / WEGBERG and is dated 13 OCT 1975.

Mike  :)