• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Query Received No 1

Started by Chris Grimshaw, January 02, 2021, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Good Afternoon Team

I have recently received a number of Queries from Phil Schreiber  in the States,  one of our 
'Senior Members' I think. 

Not straight forward to edit so I can bring them to you, but hopefully worthwhile and we can add to Phil's knowledge.  If anyone can add anything I'll forward to Phil.

Serbian P.O.W. in Germany 1942        Phil Schreiber      Jan. 1  2021

German prisoner of war camp officers camp xiii b, Nurnberg to Beograd, Serbia with red P.O.W.  camp censor's red censorship cachet.  At the start of World War II Beograd (Belgrade) was the capital of  the kingdom of Yugoslavia.  After the German invasion the kingdom was divided into its various ethnic regions as separate countries allied to  Germany.  Serbian soldier Lezaic apparently chose the P.O.W. camp instead of subservience to the Nazi conquerors.

Chris

PS, I've not seen the other side of the card.