• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Base Post Office 1918 MEF

Started by Michael Dobbs, February 13, 2021, 02:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have received the following enquiry:

[color=maroon]I have recently acquired the attached item but on investigation I am unsure of its origin. If you, or one of your members is able to throw any light on it I would be extremely grateful.
1. The censor mark appears to read Passed/ D (?)/?
2. The unit mark reads Base Post Office/ 3rd DESP/18 DEC18/MEF (there may be a letter after Base Post Office but it is too indistinct to read).
3. MEF at this time appears to relate to Mesopotamian Expeditionary Force (rather than Mediterranean Expeditionary Force)
4. It is addressed to Canada and I can locate one Canadian soldier which appears to fit but no record of him being in Mesopotamia.

If you, or one of your colleagues could throw any light on these two handstamps I would be extremely grateful. [/color]

Can anyone help please.

Thanks, Mike  :)