• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

1915 Incoming Cover to Nish

Started by Chris Grimshaw, March 06, 2021, 03:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Friends

Something which arrived earlier when I was still in a rocky place,

Incoming cover to someone (cannot make name out ) help,  C/o British Typhus Hospital etc Belgrade further care of Sir R Paget, Nish

London cancel Sept 29 15,  I think the circular cancel on the front is Belgrade (help)

NICH receiving cancel date unsure,  Second cancel which may be the same. Oval Cachet 2nd British Farmers Hospital etc.

Questions I know, any help appreciated on this interesting item.  :)  :)

After all,Why collect the mundane when one can find material such as this, even when working it out becomes frustrating.

Chris

Howard Weinert

Chris,
The cancel on front is Jagodina dated 6 Oct. 1915.
On back is Nish dated 8 Oct. and a second dated 9 Oct.

Alan Baker

The name appears to be Mrs Arthur Moore

Chris Grimshaw

Howard / Alan

Thank you both,  a great help.  I've spent some time on Google and managed to put together the attached list of staff of No's 1 & 3 Units of the Hospitals staff at this time

There is a Miss Moore (No First Name) listed on page 2 as a Nursing Sister.

Would be very interested if anyone has other material from this fascinating period.

Chris