• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

21st Anniversary Cover

Started by Chris Grimshaw, April 01, 2021, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Team

Came across the attached cover recently which is shown, 

21st Anniversary Cover presumably produced by the FPHS or someone within such.

I Does anyone have a better example

2 Has anything else like this been produced in our history, 

I'm thinking about ideas for the 70th Anniversary Edition.

Chris

Chris Grimshaw

Team

Surprised no response on this one,  Have come across a further similar cover addressed to John Daynes carried on HMS Reclaim.

Apparently there was also in insert sheet, RN 102.

Chris

Michael Dobbs

Chris

I don't have a copy of the cover - it was before my time as a member.

I am not aware of any other cover produced by the Society.

I have attached extracts from various Society News Supplements on our 21st Anniversary Convention (13 October 1973) and the commemorative cover.

Mike

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks for this Mike

I've found examples of the two covers produced,and has seen an example of one of the signed covers. 

Didn't save an illustration (:  will look for it again and see if I can find the others. 

An interesting bygone of the Society. 

Chris

Peter Harvey

Chris,

If you are going to progress this it might be worth an initial no obligations cat with https://bfps.org.uk - either way you would have to get the covers printed and posted etc and they would deal with it for you/us.

It would be good to know a unit price, so we have an idea of where the society might go with this.

I also found the attached.

Peter

Peter High

Chris et al:
If you care to take a look on Delcampe under the heading 'HMS Belfast' you will see that I have two sets of items for sale relating to the exact same Society airletters serviced on HMS Belfast and carried by two different ships on the Thames on that day.

Anyone interested in purchasing either item or others I have please contact me direct and do not go via the aforesaid sales link.

I have a file on these which I purchased when our good friend the late John Daynes died several years ago, as part of his library. You will see that some of the covers were stamped to order and their usage as such is quite scarce,

Best wishes to all; hope to see some of you on 7th  August at WAR & PHILATELY.

Frank Schofield

Gents

All this talk about the 21st,  has anybody thought about next year the 70th??

Frank