• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Czech Legion 1920

Started by Chris Grimshaw, April 02, 2021, 02:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Something a little different.

Leaflet of some kind reference Czech Legion in 1920

Hopefully Howard can enlighten us a little.

Chris

Howard Weinert

Chris,

An amazing item! The title is Pocket Almanac of the Czech Army in Russia. The table is entitled Some Provisions for the Czech Army in Russia. The first entry is potatoes.

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Howard

Hopefully item will be with me soon, amazing what still turns up after 100 years.

Could get tempted to collect the Czech Legion post war, a fascinating period in time.

There's enough collecting / study interest in this entire area to keep me busy and out of mischief. 

Chris

apearson

If I remember correctly it was the advance of the Czech legion on Ekaterinburg in July 1918 that got the Romanovs murdered.  Not that the Bolsheviks needed any excuse but it served its purpose.  I didn't realise that they had hung around until 1920.

Howard Weinert

The Czech Army was evacuated from Vladivostok in 1920 on US Army transport ships.

Chris Grimshaw

Morning Team

Item has arrived, 88 pages in total.  If anyone interested will scan a selection of pages.

Chris

Sozont Singh

[quote author=Adrian Pearson link=topic=2030.msg8370#msg8370 date=1617744209]
If I remember correctly it was the advance of the Czech legion on Ekaterinburg in July 1918 that got the Romanovs murdered.  Not that the Bolsheviks needed any excuse but it served its purpose.
[/quote]

Adrian, Hello!
I am a teacher of the History of Russia, so I can say that you are right, in general, it was the movement of the Czechoslovak Legion that contributed to the death of the Romanovs. But everything was so much more complicated. The central government of the Bolsheviks in Moscow wanted to hold a demonstrative, open trial of Nicholas II and only then execute him. So the offensive of the Czechoslovak Legion only greatly accelerated the process.

Sozont Singh

[quote author=Chris Grimshaw link=topic=2030.msg8440#msg8440 date=1618569586]
If anyone interested will scan a selection of pages.

Chris
[/quote]

Chris,Hello!
It would be very interesting! :)