• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Greek Postal Stationery Cards in 1919

Started by Chris Grimshaw, August 29, 2022, 02:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Afternoon Team

I'm currently engaged in a study of the Greek Postal Stationery cards which the Greek Government presented to the British APO service in Salonika in December, 1918 for use by the British troops, in Salonika and the Army of the Black Sea area.  Main period of usage it January to March/April 1919 but a few later examples are recorded.

I'm looking for the following information.

Card value 5 or 10 Lepta, where used, Censor No, Date of use, Card Number, this is found on the view-card side in various positions.  Reported to be a set of 384 cards, Greek views or historical subjects.  Whats not clear yet both from my research and published sources is are we looking at one set comprising a mix of 5 and 10 Lepta cards or two sets, one for each value.

If anyone can help please report what you have in your collections.

Cheers  Chris 

Peter Gassmann

Hi Chris
could not find any examples in my collection. Could you show an example?
best wishes, Peter

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Peter

Examples attached, Used in Bulgaria, through FPO 77, one of the easier offices during the short occupation there.

Chris