• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Registration Label

Started by Peter Grimley, July 21, 2014, 05:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Grimley

I have a Registration Label Felixtowe 6, not on cover - The only information I can find is that it was for 33rd Phil. Eng. GB, whatever that means - Could this be an army,RAF or Navy designation as all three were in and around the Felixtowe area in the 40's - It was in a lot of RAF reg labels I recently acquired so I am hoping that it has RAF connotations and that someone can let me know

Michael Dobbs

Peter

I'm sorry, but I think its for the 33rd Philatelic Congress of Great Britain held at Felixstowe in 1951 (29th May - 1st June).

I've had a look on the web, but cannot find a cover with registration label to confirm the Felixstowe number.

Regards, Mike  :'(

Peter Grimley

hi mike -

thanks for the reply - there is a Felixtowe 8 listed so i find it hard to believe that Felixtowe Post Office issued a Number 6 for a Philatelic Conference lasting just 3 days - Unless it was an old disused RAF label they had a few of knocking about - only speculation on my part, but i must have 30+ Felixtowe 6 reg labels, and mail from the Congress presently available on the web does not show one reg label, as you discovered - i have now emailed the sec of ipswich philatelic society to see if he can throw any light on the subject so watch this space......................................

Peter Grimley

last weekend at the Solihull Stamp Society show i saw a Felixtowe 6 registration label on a 1951 Philatelic Congress envelope - i have to say that the fonts and number 6 were different to the ones i have so i still believe that these i have are raf but earlier - can anyone else add to the debate - also if anyone has any raf station registration labels on cover that they would like to sell, please email me -