• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

James Clovely Cleaver, NZ Army WW2

Started by Michael Dobbs, October 05, 2015, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

Gents

This time its me after some information please - is there anyone on the Forum who has an Ancestry.co.uk account and who could carry out a WW2 search for me please ?

I have an EFM telegram of 1945 addressed to a Pte J C Cleaver c/o NZ APO in London and sent to him from Dargaville in NZ.  It gives his number as 22885.  The wording on the page on which the telegram was mounted stated "newly released" which I take it to mean that he was an ex-POW and indeed a web search has revealed two POW postcards sent home by him from Stalag VIII B on the NZ "The Complete Stamp Company" website.

A search on Ancestry under New Zealand Army WWII Nominal Rolls reveals that his full name is James Clovely Cleaver.

Is anyone who has an Ancestry account able to obtain his army record for me please ?

Many thanks, Mike  ;)

Chris Weddell

Mike,

I will have a look and see what i can find.

Chris ;D

Chris Weddell

Mike,

I can only get the same record as you have. There are no other military records for him other then the Nominal Rolls. If you would like i can check the other records for him i.e. birth,death, marriage etc and see where that leads.

I have just had a look at the New Zealand official military records site, if he is alive still then you have to have his permission. If he is dead then you can apply and you should get his service records but you need to fill the form out and there is some sort of fee. If you would like me to look futher let me know.

Regards

Chris  ;D