• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

May 1940 france-belgium

Started by rcallens, November 05, 2015, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallens

Concerning Echlin service no 7885946 from Lymington, Hants. No 3 British Air Mission, Hopkins Mission in May 1940 in France en Belgium.
On 11 June 1940 still no sign of him. His name is not listed at the CWGC. Was he taken POW ? Can anyone provide me information.
Roger Callens Belgium

Chris Weddell

Roger

Could you post his full name. I have had a quick look on two sites i use for research and i cant find anything on your man. There are a number of records of types on these sites for WW2 personal but none match up to your service number. I may be able to find more if i have his full name. Sorry that i cant help much at the moment.

Chris  :D

rcallens

Hello Chris, please find attached a receipt of parcel sent to Echlin. Roger

Chris Weddell

Hi Roger

I have tried but cant link the surname to anyone  I had a look at the postmark which was from Waterford, Lymington, Hampshire but that did not link me to anyone. I had a look at P.O.W.s but so far no luck. If i do get anywhere i will post it here.

Chris  :D

rcallens

Hi Chris, many thanks for your efforts Roger