• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

1960 Maritime mail post office machine cancels.

Started by Chris Weddell, April 12, 2016, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Weddell

Hi All

I am posting scans of two covers from HMS Ark Royal. One is marked received 11/7/60. What i would like to know is if any one can give me any information on the machine cancels on both of the covers. The covers were sent give or take a week or so of each other i would think. The covers cancels seem to have marked differences. Any help at all about the cancels or even the sender Commander A.C.W. Wills? would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Chris W.

Chris Weddell

Hi All

Next scan.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Weddell

Hi All

Last scan.

Chris.

Frank Schofield

Chris

Suggest you get a copy of a book I recommended on my last list
THE MARITIME MAIL CANCELLATIONS OF GREAT BRITAIN by Mike Dovey, Published by the TPO Society, it is available to non members at £24.95 plus p/p £2.80.
It covers Naval postmarks from the early days to 1980's with  extracts from Gould and Robertson Revisited (Colin Tabeart)
Available from Mike Dovey at 118 Mill Lane, Dorridge, Solihull, West Midlands, B93 8NZ

Frank Schofield

Chris Weddell

Frank

Thanks for the information on the book. I have just ordered one.

Thanks again

Chris

Chris Weddell

Frank

Thanks again. My book came today and it has already come in handy and is a very useful book to have on the bookshelf.

What i  like about the book is the pictures of the covers which are in colour and are of a good size so you can see the cancels well. It is also easy to find what you are looking for.

Thank you

Chris  ;D

Frank Schofield