• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Full wording and translation of this Italian censor's instructional l/s please

Started by dtrapnell, June 06, 2016, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtrapnell

Sadly the strike of this large WW2 handstamp (on a POW letter from India) is incomplete.           Has anyone got the complete wording &/or a translation, please?
It seems to be suggesting that forms supplied by the Red Cross are the best ones to use.
Many thanks
David

usjoeden

I will ask my brother-in-law, he's an italian. But it takes some days, in the meantime, pay your local Pub a visit, have a bier or two. I come back as fast as I (he) can!

Regards

Ulf

usjoeden

Hi David!
Here is the result of a European discussion between Sweden, Great Britain and Palermo, Sicily Island in Italy. My brother-in-law Filippo started but at an age of 80 years, he couldn't read all letters so he handled over the file to his daughter in Yates, nr Bristol. She used her cousins in Palermo and together they could identify the most of the stamp concerned. She wrote:

"XXXX che le vostre corrispondenze siano inoltrate
XXXX, facilitate con la chiarezza e la brevità XXXX
scritti il XXXXX della censura.
Servitevi degli apposite moduli e delle cartoline distribuite
dalla Croce Ross ache hanno la precedenza nell'XXXX
L'Ufficio censura posta priogionieri XXXX

Engelska:  (that means [i]English[/i]! my note)
XXXX that your correspondence will be forwarded
XXXX, facilitated with the accuracy and speed XXXX
XXXXXX of the censorship.
Please help yourselves to the appropriate forms and postcards distributed by
The Red Cross which have priority in XXXX
Office of Censorship prisoners' post"

XXX means 'unreadable letters'

His daughter Anna is a youngster (in my eyes) so she is excused not to know the terminology and phrases of WW2's forces language.

Regards,
Ulf

dtrapnell

Brilliant! Thanks so much, Ulf, for your whole family enterprise. Please thank them.
Your reply shows that I was expecting the right thing but now much more c;ear, certain and sensible.
Renewed thanks.
Cordialamente!
David