• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Royal Norwegian Navy WW2

Started by jleathes, September 17, 2016, 12:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleathes

In WW2 the RNoN operated 7 submarines under RN control . After many years I am still trying to find any mail from them. Any ideas of likely contacts etc most gratefully received.        John L

usjoeden

John,
please try:
Norsk Posthistorisk Selskap
Postbox 4369 Nydalen
N-0402  OSLO
Norway
web-side: posthistorisk.no

or

Commander (retired) Tore O. Madsen, Fredbovei 55, N-1383 ASKER, Norway. His e-mail: toretto@gmail.com

I met him last June in a Nordic Navy Veteran meeting in Kjevik, Kristiansand Norway.
The Posthistory Society above must have more knowledge of Norwegian Navy collectors.

Good Luck!!

Ulf

jleathes

Many thanks Ulf will follow your leads and see what emerges. I to was a Commander long since retired. Best Wishes        John L

usjoeden

Tore O. Madsen is the chairman of the Oslo Navy Society and, as I think, all the members are retired navy officers or privates. Norway has only three local navy societies, Oslo, Bergen and Kristiansand. I do hope you'll get a satisfied answer from him or from the Posthistory Society.

GMY

Ulf