• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Folded Typewriter Postcards WWII

Started by Michael Dobbs, March 29, 2017, 07:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have received the following enquiry from the USA:

[color=maroon]I collect Folded Typewriter Postcards and am trying to find out about any postal regulations by countries in WWII (would be mainly Europe, North Africa, the UK and the Middle East) that limited the cards use in some way because there was an opportunity to hide something in the folded portion that was stuck down with an adhesive.

So far I have found only 2, one in the UK that prevented cards being forwarded to a country where there was not a censor office and the other in Germany where they were banned for 5 weeks in 1940 - after the 5 weeks the order was rescinded.[/color]

The person making the enquiry (Robert M Bell) had an article (under the heading "Economical Folded Typewriter Postcards (EFTPs)") published in The London Philatelist in 2015 (I think issue 124).  He has also had a book published on the subject - front and back covers attached.  Robert is looking for any additional information on the subject - does anyone have any ideas ??

Mike  :)